Looking for recycled plastic lumber?
Recycled Plastic Lumber (or Plastic Wood Composite as it also known) is the basic building block from which much of the British Recycled Plastic range of environmentally friendly maintenance free furniture and sustainable construction products are made.
Recycled plastic lumber as an alternative to wood
Our range of recycled plastic lumber is rot proof, impact resistant, algae and moss resistant as the profiles have a skin that paint cannot penetrate while graffiti can simply be wiped clean.
Designed to replace traditional construction materials, recycled plastic (RCP’s) are impervious to water and allow for the easy and quick construction of fences, revetments, boardwalks, steps and pontoons, to name but a few applications, and is the ideal material for areas subject to flooding or standing water.
British Recycled Plastic offer an extensive range of recycled plastic lumber profiles, along with decking boards and other profiles designed for civil engineering.
Coupled with the major positive environmental benefits, recycled plastic lumber can be used for any application traditionally solved using timber, concrete or metals, providing an economical and environmentally sustainable alternative to these materials, lowering the carbon footprint of construction projects compared to traditional solutions.
Features & Benefits
- Reduction of energy consumption by 66%
- Production of only a third of the sulphur dioxide
Production of only half of the nitrous oxide
- Reduction of water usage by nearly 90%
- Reduction of carbon dioxide generation by two-and-a-half times
- 1.8T of oil saved for every tonne of recycled polythene produced
- Reduces the carbon footprint of any project
- Lasts 5 times longer than timber
- Rot and algae proof
- Crack, chip and splinter proof
- Insect and animal resistant
- Non slip & UV resistant
- Vandal Resistant
- Less flammable than timber
- Easy to clean & maintain
- Can be worked like timber
- Holds screws and fittings well
- Reduced Whole Life Costs
- Diverting Material from Landfill
- Labour saving – minimal maintenance