Low Carbon Products Limited (“We” or “Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Low Carbon Products Limited of Unit 8C Topland Country Business Park, Cragg Road, Mytholmroyd, West Yorkshire HX7 5RW. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Jenna Hooson-Maguire.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use our Site, search for a product, place an order, and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information (if any any), browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and/or services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
- to notify you about changes to our products and/or services;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods and/or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them and/or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Low Carbon Products Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions of Website Use or our Standard Terms & Conditions of Business (a copy of which will be provided on request), and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Low Carbon Products Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your Personal Data) if we intend to use your Personal Data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your Personal Data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time, by contacting us at [email protected].
Our Site may, from time-to-time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies, and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access Personal Data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the Personal Data we hold about you.
A Cookie is a text file containing a small amount of data, usually a unique string of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. You can find more information at http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or www.youronlinechoices.eu
We use the following Cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: they allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: they allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality Cookies: these are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting Cookies: these Cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual Cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Performance Cookies – For Further Information:
These Cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Site. The Cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to our Site, where visitors have come to our Site from and the pages they visited. We use the information to compile statistic reports of our users’ browsing patterns so that we can improve our Site.
Functionality Cookies – For Further Information:
ASP Session Cookies
|This Cookie is used to identify a user’s browser as they go from page to page on our Site. It is a session Cookie, which means the Cookie is deleted when you leave our Site. It is an integral part of our Site software and is used to let the server know which users are on our Site at any given time and make certain parts of our Site easier to use.|
Combining the cookie information with other data about your computer
When you enter our Site, we may also collect information, where available, about your computer for system administration purposes, such as your IP address, operating system and browser type. This information may be combined with the data we collected via the Google Analytics Cookies above. This information is statistical data about our users’ browsing patterns and generally does not identify our users.
By using our Site, you agree that we can store and access the above Cookies on your device.
You may refuse to accept Cookies by altering the settings on your Internet browser. For further information about how to do so, please refer to your browser ‘help’ section or see http://www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you adjust your Internet browser settings to refuse the setting of Cookies, you may be unable to access or use fully certain parts or functionality of our Site.