British Recycled Plastic supply a range of recycled composite materials that offer the following benefits
- Extremely durable – British Recycled Plastic products have an expected life expectancy of many times that of timber alternatives, with little visible wear
- Rot and algae proof – No maintenance is required and with no painting nor preservatives necessary when using recycled plastic
- Crack proof and insect resistant – Recycled plastic will not crack or dry out and is impervious to attack by insects
- Labour saving – There are significant savings in labour costs due to reduced maintenance and replacement requirements when using recycled plastic
- Non slip – The surface texture created in the manufacturing process of recycled plastic produces a low slip risk surface and does not require the addition of chicken wire. Composite materials also retain latent heat efficiently resulting in a reduced frost/ice hazard for users of walkways or hard standing during cold periods.
- Splinter free – The recycled plastic we use does not splinter
- UV resistant – Little or no colour loss or sunlight damage recorded on products that have been in-situ for 5+ years
- Vandal resistant – Due to the surface texture and the materials used in the manufacture, our recycled plastic products are more resistant to graffiti and have proved to be more resistant to other types of vandalism
- Less flammable – Our profiles are more difficult to ignite than their timber equivalents
- Lower whole life costs – Whole life costs are considerably reduced using recycled plastic instead of timber
- British jobs – Most UK waste is exported but by buying British we are supporting our own economy and helping circulate revenue.
British Recycled Plastic offers the following environmental benefits
- Their purchase stimulates demand for recycled raw materials, closing the loop and diverting material from landfill.
- 1500 plastic bottles diverted from landfill for every 1.5 metre section of a typical raised walkway using recycled plastic
- No preservative required therefore complies with the requirements restricting the use of Copper Chromium Arsenate
- Recycled plastic materials are completely inert and will not leach any chemicals into water or soil even in wet conditions
- Recycled plastic products are completely recyclable at the end of their useful lifespan
- Reduction of energy consumption by 66% when using recycled plastic instead of virgin plastic
- Production of only a third of the sulphur dioxide
- Production of only half of the nitrous oxide
- Reduction of water usage by nearly 90%
- Reduction of carbon dioxide generation by two-and-a-half times
- Conservation of non-renewable fossil fuels